Full Moon in Taurus- November 3
Happy Full Moon to everyone reading this blog. This is my first Full Moon that has cycled around to rest. As you all know, I am taking a break from the full moon workshops, but looking forward to picking them back up when I am done with hibernation. Currently, I am swimming deep in the depth of Self Care <3
Empress/Emperor Self Care
Are you feeling anxious and sleepy? Has exhaustion taken you over? Are you worried about the New Year or are you excited for it? Are you reflecting on everything that has happened in the last few months? Well, you are not alone. The Taurus Full Moon comes at a time where we can take a moment to invoke awareness at where we are needing rest. Where do you need to be a Cosmic Parent to yourself? Accept those random hugs and gifts from the people you are connected to and remember that there is no time like the present to start a self-care practice.
And please, keep in mind that you do not have to break the bank to start a self-care practice. Most of the things that I do myself for self-care are found in my kitchen cabinets.
Before I start on my self care process, I always journal and hear the messages from the full moon, but then it is time to have some fun and relax and honor my mind, body, and spirit.
The Ritual Process goes:
- Light an Incense of my choice (some of my favorite ones are created in house at Crystal Fox in MD)
- Cook a delicious dinner (lately, I have been so busy with school, I treated me and my family to fancy homemade dinners from Green Chef!)
- Sage my Home with Flower/Sage Bundles from Aquarian Soul
- Take a bath. (my favorite for this past year and my go-to is a Salt, Basil Bath. It is easy to do- Just boil some fresh Basil from your fridge- pour the water into the bathtub and then put 1 cup of Sea Salt in there)
- Lather Up with my favorite go-to Lotion Products
- Snuggle in my favorite blanket on the couch or walk around the neighborhood moon gazing with my family and my dog
- Unplug from the internet & my cellphone (hugely important lately- I think I went almost a whole month last month without my phone in the daytime & rarely used it in the evenings)
Invoke Creative Intelligence
So, how is self care linked to creativity? It is scientifically proven that self-care, silence, and resting enhances our creativity. It gives our nervous system and our mind a moment to recharge. It also gives our energy a moment to restart and come back to the present. It refreshes and prepares us to be ready for our new projects whether that means painting, poetry, starting a new business, entering a new relationship, or creating a vision board of some sort. Creativity is the source of almost all actions that we do in this life.
I think that for me, Self Care reminds me that I am merely a medium and Creativity is the source. Much like Pen & Paper is the medium where I write down my poems or Acrylic and Canvas is the medium where I paint my paintings. I am merely a reflection of the source- Creativity. Energy. And hey, have you ever tried to paint, draw, or create with shitty mediums? It SUCKS.
So clean yourself up-rest- enjoy your time this full moon.
Love you Lots,
NOTE: 4 more open studios happening in my studio this year. Mark your Calendars and come hang out <3